About the database
When available, the MAPP Data Archive contains the following documents for each country:
|Party Membership Figures||Long-term, longitudinal evolution of party membership figures for all major parties|
|Existing surveys||Overview table of existing surveys of party members and/or party activists|
|Existing survey results/databases|
|Questionnaires||Copies of the questionnaires for the existing surveys|
The database can be accessed from the world map below and can be searched by country. For each country, the database includes a description of the data (source, coverage, methodology, access, reference, copyright, documentation and related publications) as well as data files.
Standard conditions of use apply. All users are required to agree to the terms and conditions of use of data. This includes:
1. Not to use the data for commercial purposes
2. That the MAPP Data Archive does not transfer any interest in intellectual property to you
3. That the data are provided without warranty or liability of any kind
4. To abide by any further conditions notified to you
5. To preserve the confidentiality of, and not attempt to identify, individuals, households or organizations in the data
6. To use the correct methods of citation and acknowledgement in publications
7. To email the MAPP convenor with the bibliographic details of any published work based on the data
8. To notify the MAPP convenor of any errors discovered in the data
9. To offer for deposit any new data which have been derived from the materials supplied
All works which use or refer to these materials should acknowledge these sources by means of bibliographic citation. To ensure that such source attributions are captured for bibliographic indexes, citations must appear in footnotes or in the reference section of publication. The bibliographic citation for each country data is mentioned in the description of the data.
Any publication, whether printed, electronic or broadcast, based wholly or in part on these materials, should acknowledge the original data creators, depositors or copyright holders, the funders of the data collection (if different) and MAPP Data Archive. Any publication, whether printed, electronic or broadcast, based wholly or in part on these materials should carry a statement that the original data creators, depositors or copyright holders, the funders of the data collection (if different) and MAPP Data Archive bear no responsibility for their further analysis or interpretation.
Although all efforts are made to ensure the quality of the materials, neither the original data creators, depositors, or copyright holders, the funders of the data collections, nor the MAPP Data Archive bear any responsibility for the accuracy or comprehensiveness of these materials. All rights reserved.